WHAT'S NEW - LATEST DATA RELEASE OCTOBER 24, 2013
The latest updates to the online public resources available through the Allen Brain Atlas data portal were released on October 24, 2013. These include feature enhancements and data additions to four of our atlas resources.
- The ALLEN Mouse Brain Connectivity Atlas now contains additional data and enhanced features, including:
- Projection mapping now spans ~230 brain regions and 90 Cre driver lines
- Target and Spatial search services are now available through the ALLEN Brain Atlas Application Programming Interface (API)
- A new spatial search feature to find experiments by the 3-D location of the injection site
- Data reprocessing allowing for increased accuracy in the signal quantification and better alignment in the 2-D and 3-D image viewers
- The BrainSpan Atlas of the Developing Human Brain now contains enhanced features and data, including:
- The updated Adult Reference Atlas now includes 106 sections annotated with gyral and Modified Brodmann views of the Cortex
- The Developmental Transcriptome RNASeq data has been updated and mapped to Gencode v10. This data set now includes coding and non-coding regions
- The ALLEN Human Brain Atlas now includes new features and data, including:
- Completion of a high-resolution in-situ hybridization (ISH) Neurotransmitter Survey characterizing expression of selected neurotransmitter system genes in major cortical and subcortical areas of adult human brain.
- New interactive ontology viewer to provide neuroanatomical context for both the microarray and ISH data
- The ALLEN Mouse Brain Atlas now includes enhanced features:
- The High-resolution image viewer has been updated with the interactive reference atlas and ontology tree to provide neuroanatomical context
Our next public release will be on March 6, 2014.